Friday, January 15, 2010

Wandering through "Wisdom for the Soul" - Larry Chang

Three years ago I bought Larry Chang's compilation of quotes "Wisdom for the Soul" at the International New Age Conference in Orlando. The subtitle claims "Five Millennia of Prescriptions for Spiritual Healing". I'm not sure why, but I took it off the shelf this afternoon and found myself flipping through page after page as I made my way through the day. My favorite inspiration of the day (in the chapter on Flexibility) is by Laozi (a/k/a Lao Tsu) from the 6th century BC:
The seed of mystery lies in muddy water. How can I perceive this mystery? Water becomes clear through stillness. How can I become still? By flowing with the stream. - Laozi
Twenty six centuries later, here's a magnet inspired by the Abraham-Hicks seminars. It reminds me to go downstream and keep my mind on happy thoughts. Wisdom never gets old.

Other favorite quotes of the day include a Swedish Saying, "Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow" and a Chinese Saying, "That the birds of worry and care fly about your head, this you cannot change. But that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent."

I'm on vacation from worry. I'm focusing instead on looking for reasons to feel good. How about a kitty face to gaze upon ...

No comments: