Saturday, January 16, 2010

Potato Herb Soup - from the San Francisco Farmers' Market Cookbook

My second venture into the world of homemade soup. This time I found Potato Herb Soup and it was delightful. I am so happy about this. In reflecting on the experience today I guessed that as a younger cook, when I thought of home-made soup I thought of a big pot of chicken or turkey parts simmering in broth with a whole bunch of vegetables. Not my favorite image or soup. I've never liked vegetable soup, minestrone, beef barley, etc. etc. But I LOVE cream soups in restaurants.
Discovering that I can actually make the soups I love is very, very good news. Click on the recipe picture for larger view - in case you'd like to make it yourself. Bon appétit!

After lunch I went to hear the Venice Symphony play Broadway standards like Summertime, Whistle a Happy Tune, Bali Ha'i, and many others. The sound of an oboe, timpani and flute were especially magical to me. Deborah Berioli, a guest soprano, added her magic to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds delicious! Thank you!

Raphaella Vaisseau said...

Actually, this recipe is from the Vegetarian Little Big Book. My thoughts must have been in San Francisco and missing the GREAT Farmers' Market there :)