Sunday, December 26, 2010

Getting Ready for the New Year - Beginning New Fitness Focus in 2011

Here's me in Mexico on Rosarito Beach in 1990. It's one of my favorite pictures of me for more reasons than that I was slim, happy, living in Malibu and loving life during this time. Twenty years and many memories have passed since then.

It wasn't until I moved to Ashland, Oregon in the late 90s that I started putting on weight. It might have been for any number of reasons. Who knows why? I had a breakthrough in my thinking about cooking and buying fresh healthy food in 2005 when my friend, Anja, came up from LA to spend the summer with me in Marin County. I had another breakthrough in 2006 after an event at my gallery with a life coach. Another chunk of resistance released and I started craving exercise. I logged on to peertrainer.com and loved the online camaraderie. I lost 33 lbs. over the next 6 months.

After the gallery closed on Oct 31, 2006, I entered a 3-year reinventing my business phase, and it became a challenge for me to keep up the enthusiastic fitness program. I moved to Venice, Florida two years later. Now I am ready to begin again. I've found a new online site to support my goals: livestrong.com. Today is my kickoff DAY ONE. I'll keep you posted. I'm setting my sights on a much healthier, happier, physically fit 2011. Keep seeing me there.

No comments: