Wednesday, September 21, 2011

THREE ACEO - 30 Days of Get Your Art On - 9.21.11 (Raphaella Vaisseau - Day 3)

On my third day of "30 Days of Get Your Art On" I am celebrating the number 3. Here's a little original art card that I painted today and named "THREE". It's watercolor on Fabriano watercolor paper and measures 2.5" x 3.5" in the ACEO tradition.

To me, the number three stands for expression. It represents a quest for discovery, an exploration, a constant learning, growing, and a commitment to experiencing the fullness of life. It teaches us to use what works for us, and let go of what doesn't. The quest it encourages is to keep true to one's path with the intention of knowing ("to know that you know that you know"). Knowing from that true place inside what is right and true for you - for each one of us.

I am more certain every day of something I wrote years ago: "It is in being true to myself that I am of most use to others. It is in expressing the joy of my own heart that I am open to hold and behold the hearts of others. It is in seeing my own beauty that I am able to experience the magnificence of others." - Raphaella Vaisseau

We each have our part to play in the dance of life. As we learn to be true to our own self-expression we gain strength to discover, develop, and express our spiritual gifts.
-Raphaella Vaisseau

No comments: