Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Magical Egret pays a visit to Heartful Art


While on the phone with my agent yesterday, this beautiful creature paid us a visit. It followed my voice from room to room as I went to find my camera. Even though our studios are in a bird sanctuary and we see many lovely birds in flight and on the ground here, the visit from this egret was particularly magical.

Ted Andrew's "Animal Speak" includes egrets in the chapter on herons, saying the "waders" are a group of birds who are "symbols of balance, and they represent an ability to progress and evolve." Also, heron people go deeper in their exploration of life, must be able to stand on their own, and follow their own path, without the pressure to keep up with others.

Whatever this bird was communicating to me, whether expecting food or delivering symbolic information, I accept the experience as magical and for a few moments in time, this bird and I were one. Sharing the magic. Loving the diversity of life.  - RV

No comments: