Monday, May 4, 2009

1st Celebrating Wellness Fest 2009 - May 2, 2009

I've loved the logo since the first time I saw the flyer for the 1st annual Celebrating Wellness Fest held on Saturday, May 2nd at Phillippi Estate Park in Sarasota, Florida.

The festival was the brainchild of Kimberly Braun, who has more than 20 years experience working with others with a Masters of Arts in Theology and Spirituality. Learn more about Ms. Braun on her website, www.kimberlybraun.com. The logo alone would have been enough to draw me to the festival, but arriving at the park I was thrilled to see the tents, healers, drummers, artists and practitioners scattered throughout the beautiful natural grounds of the estate by the lake. A feast for my eyes heralded a feast for mind, body and spirit being offered and accepted by those in attendance.

Click here to enjoy a slideshow of my experience at the festival on my Flickr site.

My highlights of the day include Prayer Pots by Anita Walling, Harmony Stones by Therese Sadler, Mine (T-shirts) with Kim McLeod and her sister, Lolablue soaps and candles by Jamie Lovern, the amazing carved fruit and food at the organic food by a new vegan chef, organic beer at the WSLR radio booth, and Cabot hot pepper cheese.

I also loved the Natural Awakenings give-away: 100% recycled pens with soy-based ink, plus ... the healers, drummers, dancers, singers, presenters, and all the people, like me, who came to share the ambiance of the day and empower ourselves to greater wellness.

Last but not least was the closing ceremony at dusk with vision stones passed out to all. Music first, then a meditation led by Kim Braun. Take a deep breathe everyone and all together let's "build community person by healthy person." I look forward to doing this all over again next year.


No comments: