Friday, August 13, 2010

The Sun is Back - I'm so Happy

How did I ever live in Oregon where the rainy/cloudy season lasted three months? (No offense to all the lovely people who live in the Pacific Northwest.) This past week in Florida we had only FOUR days with cloudy, overcast skies and I was sure I was under the influence of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) - wait a minute ... SAD is depression in the WINTER! It's August! Oh oh. Must have been something else.

The rain I didn't mind so much. Thunderstorms are energizing. However, the incessant gray was a challenge for me this week. But, hooray! Today I was again in Florida bliss, loving the colors of the grass and flowers outside, and loving the light shining through my window on my art while I worked.

It's Friday night and I'm getting up early for the Farmer's Market tomorrow. Have a great weekend, everybody.

No comments: