Welcome to Raphaella's Journey Continued
"It is in being true to myself that I am most of use to others; It is in expressing the joy of my own heart that I am open to hold and behold the hearts of others; It is in seeing my own beauty that I am able to experience the magnificence of others" - Raphaella Vaisseau
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Kittens have been a big part of my life in 2009. I became a Kitten Foster Mom in March. Since then I have had a continuous blessing with the little ones coming to me for a day, a week or a month while they look for their forever families. I adopted Diana who is a beautiful addition to my family. For more about the kittens I foster, take a look at the Key West Cat Society / Venice Cat Coalition blog I created for them.
The other big news of 2009 in my life is the adventure of traveling to arts and crafts shows around Florida and setting up my Heartful Art booth for sales. My first show was in October here in Venice. My first road trip was to Dunedin, FL in November, and I fell in love with Safety Harbor, FL when I went to a show there on Dec. 13th. Exploring other cities, discovering new things about life in Florida, and meeting all the people who come to the shows brings me much happiness. I am grateful to have a new mini-van to make all the extra traveling safe and fun. I hope to expand even further in 2010 to attend shows on the East coast of Florida as well.
I SO appreciate my beautiful little house here in Venice, the fabulous friends I have (both old and new), my cats, my family, my art and creativity, Heartful Art, my customers, my car, social security, Facebook, Twitter, my cell phone, technology, and the joys and challenges of living life as a grand adventure that’s really, really fun! Onward, I say. Onward into the future.
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
How do we use the Law Of Attraction to effect change on a Global scale?
How do we keep our minds focused on the Possibilities, in spite of the problems?
If we take the time to contemplate what change looks like, what freedom, equality, peace, justice, perfect health, food and shelter for all, looks like, we can begin now to write a new script, we can begin now, individually and collectively to ReDEFINE and in so doing, ReDESIGN the World we wish to live in.
It is up to us to ReDEFINE our future now.
It is up to us to ReDEFINE everything!!!!!!!
"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" Mark 11:24. Begin by watching this 24 verse affirmation of gratitude, inspired by Dr. Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" speech, and Bob Proctor, (The Secret).
I first learned of TUBFRIM in 1998 while living in Ashland, Oregon. The local Sons of Norway there collected used postage stamps and sent them off to Norway to help raise money for the children. I loved that it was such a simple way to participate in making a difference. I've been saving my postage stamps ever since and once a year I package them all up and mail them to Norway.
Postmaster Ditlef Frantzen in Nesbyen established TUBFRIM in 1928. The aim was to collect and sell used stamps and use the proceeds to aid the eradication of tuberculosis among Norwegian children. TUBFRIM is owned by the Norwegian Health Association (Nasjonalforeningen for folkehelsen). Today the profits are used to help handicapped children and youth in Norway, and to finance the efforts to eradicate tuberculosis.
If you'd like to join in the fun, send your stamps and used phonecards to TUBFIRM, N-3540 Nesbyen, Norway. You can also mail them to a participating Sons of Norway lodge in the U.S.A.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
• You are worthy beyond description
• All is well for you
• Well-being abounds
• There is abundance flowing to you
Telling a new story (practice telling a new story) …
• I am abundant in nature
• Well-being is always coming to me
• I am often understood by the people I’m interacting with
• I am loving this life that I’m living
• It’s fun to expand and grow
• I love the contrast of my environment which helps me to continue to identify new things that I want
• Often I’m not a vibrational match to everything that I want but I can feel the difference and I know how to lean in the direction of what I want
• My life just gets better and better
• I’m surrounded by people that are like me learning about life
• It’s really fun to be in this physical body and expand
• I get the sense of who I am
• Often when I’m really not paying attention I can feel the source within me just sort of wrapping non-physical arms around me and through me. I can get that non-physical hug (so to speak) from the inside out
• Sometimes I can just feel the well-being of my being
• Sometimes I get glimpses of what’s in my vibrational escrow
• I’m really enjoying how my life is beginning to unfold
• I’m noticing that the people around me are enjoying their life also
• I’m feeling a freedom from detaching myself from what they’re thinking or from what they’re wanting from me
• I’m doing such a good job of living my life
• I’m starting to realize the reason that I came forth into this physical experience
• Things are coming easier and easier
• I’m beginning to understand how the universe flows
• I’m beginning to understand the vibrational world
• I’m beginning to leverage my time more by pre-paving more things
• I’m becoming more of a mental being
• I’m not reacting to so many things
• I’m lining up more
• I’m sensing to the energy
• I’m feeling strong negative emotion – sometimes things really rub me the wrong way but that’s a good thing because that means something’s out of sync with what I’m wanting
• I’m getting more intuitive about people - I can feel when they’re leveling with me, I can feel when they’re not
• I can feel when it’s to my advantage to interact with them and when it’s not
• I’m becoming more intuitive
• My senses are out there in advance
• I’m doing a better job of pre-paving
• People like me
• I’m doing well everywhere I go
• Good ideas flow to me constantly
• I always have a good time
• I have fun wherever I am
• There’s cooperation around me all the time
• New ideas are flowing to me constantly
• I never get enough of this physical experience
• I love living life
• I’m feeling so vital and alive
• I love the people that are surrounding me
• I love the variety of people
• I can see the diversity of the talents in the people that are around me
• I realize what a wonderful team that we are – working together
• I’m appreciating the people of this planet more and more
• I love the cooperative nature that we are all about
• I love knowing that we are all casting our vibrational boats
• I love knowing that there is no injustice
• I love knowing that everybody gets exactly what they are offering vibrationally
• I love knowing that I’m getting exactly what I’m offering vibrationally
• I love knowing that I don’t have to hold anybody else responsible for the way my life’s unfolding
• I love getting into this appreciative mode because the better it gets, the better it gets, the better it gets
• I’m eager about this life experience
• I want everybody to have the fun that I’m having in this life experience
• I’m not bothered by those who aren’t having fun because I know the potential for fun is there for all of them
• I love being the clear example that I am
• I love offering my vibration deliberately
• I love watching all of the universal factors line things up
• I love how circumstances and events come into alignment to give me evidence, post-manifestational evidence of how I’m doing vibrationally
• I love knowing that it doesn’t matter what’s going on right now because I can keep telling a new story
• I love knowing that it doesn’t even matter how good my story is right now – it might not even be close to the best story I can tell but I love knowing that I can continue to tell a better and better story
• I love knowing that the cooperative universe will keep matching my better and better story
• I love knowing that I have the option to focus
• I am the center of my universe
• I love knowing that it’s a vibrational universe
• I love knowing that the Law of Attraction is utterly consistent and will never bring me anything that’s not a vibrational match
• I love knowing that everything that I get is because of something that I’ve been saying chronically
• I love knowing that I can morph the story, I can tell a different story
• I love the cooperating universe that will continue to give me evidence that I’ve changed the story that I’m telling
• I love knowing that I never get it wrong and I can’t get it done
• No matter where I’m standing there will always be new data that’s coming
• I love all of the people that are surrounding me that are playing the same game that I’m playing
• I love knowing that they’re not in charge of me, that they can’t control me and I’m not in charge of them and I can’t control them
• I love knowing that we are all here as vibrational entities
• We are all here as extensions of source energy
• We are all much more in harmony with each other than we are not in harmony with each other
• I love knowing that every particle of the universe has that which is wanted and that which is not wanted
• I love knowing that every person with whom I interact – there are things that I like about them and things that I don’t like about them and it’s up to me to fixate on the part of them that I want more in my life experience
• I love knowing how cooperative many of them will be
• I love knowing that even the most tuned in, tapped in, turned on person I can extract from them something less than tuned in, tapped in, turned on because I am a powerful creator
• I’ll get from everybody whatever it is that I focus upon
• I am responsible for my experience
• I get the complete credit for everything that’s happening to me
• I love the stability this time-space reality but I love even more the stability of the eternal nature that is is me
• I love my expansion
• I love where I am
• I love where I’m going
• I love where I’ve been
All quotes are copyright Abraham-Hicks Publications. Visit the official Abraham site at: www.abraham-hicks.com/Abraham-Hicks Publications, P.O. Box 690070, San Antonio, TX 78269 Telephone: +1 830-755-2299 Fax: +1 830-755-4179
Excerpts from The Well-Being Mexican Cruise, January 2008
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
It's not a writer's group, but I'm working on my writing. It's not a healing group but we're learning techniques to move and heal our energy. It's not Toastmasters but we're all inspired to be confident public speakers. It's not a prayer group but we're saying and singing prayers.
Wow. What it is is a whole lot of fun.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Saturday, October 24, 2009
It was another fun day sharing my art with people and enjoying the palm trees, blue skies and the perfect weather of Florida in October.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
"We believe that the easiest way to change people's behaviour for the better is by making it fun to do. We call it The fun theory." says Volkswagen. Learn more at thefuntheory.com.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
My first show was this past weekend in Venice - Sun Fiesta. We had rain, strong winds, heat and cold, but through it all the music played on and the people kept coming to my little world of art and color.
I do love to share my art with people face-to-face.
I plan on doing 1-2 shows per month in Florida from now through May. In June I travel to Las Vegas for the annual ACRE show.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
I found this particular lecture exceptional. "Be a match to everything that makes your heart sing and your spirit soar," says Abraham, encouraging me to "reach for the best thought I can find" and "talk about things that make me feel good." I'm reminded that every thought is vibration. My emotion lets me know the vibrational frequency of every thought I think.
Abraham-Hicks is one of the things in life I'm most grateful for. Their work offers me a consistent source of inspiration and practical information for manifesting and maintaining my well-being.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Meanwhile, I went out to get the mail this afternoon and saw a bird parade on my street.
First the Sand Hill Cranes, then a flock of Ibis.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Thanks to Susanne for her beautiful presence, spirit, strength and friendship.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
At the end of the workshop, after spending a long segment with a workshop participant who was struggling with circumstances that seemed overwhelming, Abraham gave perhaps the most passionate and amazing rampage they have ever given. The emotional reaction of the workshop attendees confirmed its power as a touchstone for anyone wanting to know when they are in, and when they are out of, their Vortex of Creation - where the only reality that serves us truly exists.
Recorded on June 20, 2009, at an Abraham-Hicks Law of Attraction Workshop in Boston, Massachusetts.
For nearly 25 years Esther & Jerry Hicks have produced books, audio recordings and videos based on the Teachings of Abraham, and their latest book, entitled "The Vortex, is currently on the New York Times bestseller list.
Esther explains that when she speaks for Abraham, she is interpreting blocks of thought from Non-Physical Source Energy - which she also sometimes identifies as her "Soul". Esther doesn't use the word "channeling" to describe her process, since she is not in a trance and is not hearing a voice in her head. Rather, she has trained herself to verbally interpret the same unerring Inner Guidance that is available to all of us.
For more information, please view our YouTube video entitled "Abraham Explains Who They Are", or go to http://www.abraham-hicks.com and listen to the audio entitled "Introduction to Abraham", and explore the wealth of other information available there.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Organizers explained "the creation of a Prism in the sands of Siesta Key is but a physical representation of the creation and activation of the ethereal light prism within each of us. The main focus of this ceremony on 9.9.9 is that each of us feel, experience and witness the ethereal transformation into the crystal light beings that we are. The time is now for us to attune with that reality and to hold it with our purpose on this planet."
We met at the Sacred Tree on Siesta Key beach at 6:30pm to create the prism. The celebration ceremony began at 7:02pm. As the Prism of crystals was formed Diana Daffner warmed the atmosphere with her flute. Then it was blessed with sacred waters from around the world by Waterbearer Rose Lettiere. Shaman Mic McManus invoked the spirits and devas of the four directions. Rev. Zan Butterfly Deerwoman led a Crystal Solar Matrix meditation activating the crystal inside each one of us as healer Patricia Cockerill toned the crystal bowls.
See more pictures on my Flickr page here.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Years later, here I am living in Venice on the Gulf. I enjoy walking on the beaches so I invited Susanne to Caspersen Beach yesterday. She asked about swimming and when I explained that I "didn't know how to swim in the ocean" she said she'd go with me and show me the ropes. Her friends suggested Manasota Beach because of the lifeguard and flags indicating safety of the water. I did some research online last night and met her at 8:30 this morning. Surprised the lifeguard wasn't on duty at that hour of the day, we were emboldened by a dozen senior citizens hanging out in the water about 30 yards from shore. We put on our goggles (and I my noseplug) and entered the water. It was perfect and warm. As we waded out, we felt it was perfectly fine to swim lengths between the seniors and the shore, within the two buoys that we felt marked the safe swimming area. Off we went - seeing the shells on the ocean floor and the fishes swimming around us, tasting the salty water, hearing the seagulls and people talking, and feeling the silky water on my skin, I felt exhilarated. It wasn't just the sensory thrills, but the joy of doing something I didn't think I could do. So easy it was. So freeing. I'm basking in gratitude tonight.
Monday, July 6, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
I'm going back today to write, walk and meditate.
See more pictures on my Flickr pages.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
I haven't heard the parents say how they came to name the sweet boy Teo, but searching the web, I found that in Italian Teo means "Divine Gift" - that's pretty perfect. Teo is pronounced TAY-oh. We're all so happy he has joined our family and is blessing Cate, Jason, Micah and Jackson. They're on the way home from the hospital this afternoon. Life is good.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Here are a few of Jason's Tweets (which I find adorable):
- Things are going to change, I can feel it. (but not as much as my wife) 8:12 AM Jun 3rd from TwitterFon
- Frantically making a birth mix on iTunes...CrAP you procrastination. Lose Yourself by Eminem is a must. 11:12 AM Jun 3rd from TwitterFon
- At the hospital, not as far along as she hoped, but she's still kicking serious baby-momma ass! 3:26 PM Jun 3rd from TwitterFon
- Boy, 4:11 am. My wife is amazing. about 14 hours ago from TwitterFon
Sunday, May 31, 2009
I, for one, don’t accept it. I value my friends and my friendships as I value my self, my family and my work. I’m careful to choose friends I can make that kind of commitment to. For me, valuing my women friends and friendships is a conscious choice I made long ago when I realized that if I wanted a friend I had to be a friend and that meant honoring my friends with my time and energy as I honor myself and would like to be honored by them. It was after a thoughtful discussion in 1997 with a friend about friendship that I wrote my poem, “A Friend.” Here’s Gale Berkowitz’ article about the Taylor-Klein study at UCLA so you can explore the conversation in your own mind, and among your women friends.
UCLA STUDY ON FRIENDSHIP AMONG WOMEN - By Gale Berkowitz
A landmark UCLA study suggests friendships between women are special. They shape who we are and who we are yet to be. They soothe our tumultuous inner world, fill the emotional gaps in our marriage, and help us remember who we really are. By the way, they may do even more.
Scientists now suspect that hanging out with our friends can actually counteract the kind of stomach-quivering stress most of us experience on a daily basis. A landmark UCLA study suggests that women respond to stress with a cascade of brain chemicals that cause us to make and maintain friendships with other women. It's a stunning find that has turned five decades of stress research---most of it on men---upside down. "Until this study was published, scientists generally believed that when people experience stress, they trigger a hormonal cascade that revs the body to either stand and fight or flee as fast as possible," explains Laura Cousino Klein, Ph.D., now an Assistant Professor of Biobehavioral Health at Penn State University and one of the study's authors. "It's an ancient survival mechanism left over from the time we were chased across the planet by saber-toothed tigers.
Now the researchers suspect that women have a larger behavioral repertoire than just "fight or flight." "In fact," says Dr. Klein, "it seems that when the hormone oxytocin is released as part of the stress responses in a woman, it buffers the "fight or flight" response and encourages her to tend children and gather with other women instead. When she actually engages in this tending or befriending, studies suggest that more oxytocin is released, which further counters stress and produces a calming effect. This calming response does not occur in men," says Dr. Klein, "because testosterone---which men produce in high levels when they're under stress---seems to reduce the effects of oxytocin. Estrogen," she adds, "seems to enhance it." The discovery that women respond to stress differently than men was made in a classic "aha!" moment shared by two women scientists who were talking one day in a lab at UCLA. "There was this joke that when the women who worked in the lab were stressed, they came in, cleaned the lab, had coffee, and bonded," says Dr. Klein. "When the men were stressed, they holed up somewhere on their own. I commented one day to fellow researcher Shelley Taylor that nearly 90% of the stress research is on males. I showed her the data from my lab, and the two of us knew instantly that we were onto something." The women cleared their schedules and started meeting with one scientist after another from various research specialties. Very quickly, Drs. Klein and Taylor discovered that by not including women in stress research, scientists had made a huge mistake: The fact that women respond to stress differently than men has significant implications for our health. It may take some time for new studies to reveal all the ways that oxytocin encourages us to care for children and hang out with other women, but the "tend and befriend" notion developed by Drs. Klein and Taylor may explain why women consistently outlive men. Study after study has found that social ties reduce our risk of disease by lowering blood pressure, heart rate, and cholesterol. "There's no doubt," says Dr. Klein, "that friends are helping us live." In one study, for example, researchers found that people who had no friends increased their risk of death over a 6-month period. In another study, those who had the most friends over a 9-year period cut their risk of death by more than 60%. Friends are also helping us live better. The famed Nurses' Health Study from Harvard Medical School found that the more friends women had, the less likely they were to develop physical impairments as they aged, and the more likely they were to be leading a joyful life. In fact, the results were so significant, the researchers concluded, that not having close friends or confidantes was as detrimental to your health as smoking or carrying extra weight! And that's not all! When the researchers looked at how well the women functioned after the death of their spouse, they found that even in the face of this biggest stressor of all, those women who had a close friend confidante were more likely to survive the experience without any new physical impairments or permanent loss of vitality. Those without friends were not always so fortunate.
Yet if friends counter the stress that seems to swallow up so much of our life these days, if they keep us healthy and even add years to our life, why is it so hard to find time to be with them? That's a question that also troubles researcher Ruthellen Josselson, Ph.D., co-author of Best Friends: The Pleasures and Perils of Girls' and Women's Friendships (Three Rivers Press, 1998). "Every time we get overly busy with work and family, the first thing we do is let go of friendships with other women," explains Dr. Josselson. "We push them right to the back burner. That's really a mistake because women are such a source of strength to each other. We nurture one another. And we need to have unpressured space in which we can do the special kind of talk that women do when they're with other women. It's a very healing experience."
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Today, President Obama announced the first national standard for greenhouse-gas emissions for automobiles, which will tighten emission and fuel economy standards that have been delayed for decades. The new rules, which will take effect in 2012, require an average fuel economy standard of 35.5 miles per gallon by 2016 and are built on California's tough tailpipe standards by requiring that cars be more fuel efficient. CREDO continually fought to pass these standards, but the Bush EPA illegally blocked them. The plan would reduce greenhouse-gas emissions by 900 million tons through 2016.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
My first sale was a postcard to a young girl in Nova Scotia. I've purchased from and sold art to artists and people all over the world from Estonia, Norway, London and all over the US. Yesterday I received an e-mail from someone in Singapore who was having trouble completing a sale on my website because of the customs forms, etc. At first I suggested we set up a conference call on Skype and I could talk her through a Paypal transaction. Then I remembered Etsy. I quickly uploaded her order in the "reserved" section of my etsy store and she was able to complete the sale within minutes using her credit card. Voila! No hassles. No worries about time difference. No forms to fill out. (I had already checked the USPS website for shipping rates and had added it to the reserved order.)
I have a separate paypal account set aside for my Etsy purchases too. Last month I realized my friend's birthday was coming up fast and money was short. I remembered my Etsy reserves and went online to search for a handpainted wine glass, which I was sure she would love. I sent the artist an e-mail and asked her if I could buy just one rather than a set of two and I asked her if she could get it to her in time. She said yes to both and the deal was done. What a fun and wonderful way to shop!
Here's a link to my heartfulart.etsy.com store. It's small. I only have 50 items uploaded compared to over 1,500 at www.heartfulart.com. As I learn more about Etsy, I'll add more products to my store and continue to discover new artists and new friends from around the world.
Here are a few of my favorite stores I just discovered this morning:
- My Mother's Garden - Mymothersgarden.etsy.com (ceramic garden art)
- cjBlue Company - cjBlue.etsy.com (Rescued * RePurposed * ReUsed * ReCycled * ReFashioned)
- iWunder - iWunder.etsy.com (hand knit scarves, hand dyed yarns, crocheted brooches)
Monday, May 4, 2009
The festival was the brainchild of Kimberly Braun, who has more than 20 years experience working with others with a Masters of Arts in Theology and Spirituality. Learn more about Ms. Braun on her website, www.kimberlybraun.com. The logo alone would have been enough to draw me to the festival, but arriving at the park I was thrilled to see the tents, healers, drummers, artists and practitioners scattered throughout the beautiful natural grounds of the estate by the lake. A feast for my eyes heralded a feast for mind, body and spirit being offered and accepted by those in attendance.
Click here to enjoy a slideshow of my experience at the festival on my Flickr site.
My highlights of the day include Prayer Pots by Anita Walling, Harmony Stones by Therese Sadler, Mine (T-shirts) with Kim McLeod and her sister, Lolablue soaps and candles by Jamie Lovern, the amazing carved fruit and food at the organic food by a new vegan chef, organic beer at the WSLR radio booth, and Cabot hot pepper cheese.
I also loved the Natural Awakenings give-away: 100% recycled pens with soy-based ink, plus ... the healers, drummers, dancers, singers, presenters, and all the people, like me, who came to share the ambiance of the day and empower ourselves to greater wellness.
Last but not least was the closing ceremony at dusk with vision stones passed out to all. Music first, then a meditation led by Kim Braun. Take a deep breathe everyone and all together let's "build community person by healthy person." I look forward to doing this all over again next year.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Mother's Day is coming up soon. Be ready! Call me for special requests: 941-993-7001. - Raphaella
Thursday, April 23, 2009
How we made the connection: One Saturday morning in February, Nicole's mother came upon my art at the Venice Cat Coalition booth at the Venice Farmer's Market. She recognized my cute little inspirational magnets and voila! she remembered where she had found them in years gone by. Fun!
Nicole came to visit her parents a few weeks later and they all (including her father) came to meet me at my studio to buy art, share our stories, and meet the little kittens I was fostering (the 3 tabby brothers). Back home in the midwest, Nicole now has a kitty of her own and she is, herself an artist. We plan to keep in touch on Facebook.
Heartful Art is available in over a hundred stores in the USA, on the internet and also in Femail Creations catalog. Destiny happens. We never know when paths will cross and serendipity lights up our world to remind us ... we are all One.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
http://tinyurl.com/dlldn2 and have fun!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
History of Earth Day:
- Former U.S. Senator Gaylord Nelson was Earth Day's co-founder.
- The first Earth Day was in April 22, 1970.
- Senator Nelson got the name after reading about San Francisco’s Earth Day celebration which was held on March 21, 1970.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
The kittens are nine days old today. They can't walk very well yet, or hold up their heads for more than a few seconds at a time but they sure are cute!