Sunday, September 25, 2011

Two Mixed Media Art Cards by Raphaella Vaisseau for 30 Days of Get Your Art On - 9.25.11 (RV Days 6 and 7)

What a week I've just finished! Big wholesale orders, new gallery possibilities, keeping up with inventory from dozens of consignment vendors, plus keeping my word to myself by doing 30 min of new art per day for the "30 Days of Get Your Art On" project.

I'm learning to do the creating new art thing in the morning, so I'm not blogging in my sleep. Leaving it to the end of the day has been challenging. Yesterday I couldn't do it first because Saturdays I am up at 5am to get to the Venice Farmers Market early and have my booth set up before daybreak.

So yesterday I fudged a little. I did my 30 minutes before the end of the day, but I did not stay up an extra hour to scan, post to Etsy, blog, and post links to facebook and twitter. I'm doing that now instead. My day of rest will have to wait a week, or at least until I ship the orders I'm still working on today (and tomorrow, and the next day). Nevertheless, I must say, even though this commitment has added a new pressure to my already pressured life as an artist, I'm loving the creative aspect of making new art every day.

I am gearing up to spending my 30 minutes a day on bigger paintings that have been sitting in various stages of creation in my studio for weeks. Some, I must confess, have been on my studio walls (and floor) for months.

Presenting two new ACEOs from Day 6 "Sticks" and Day 7 "Respect Women" of the 30 Days project. Click here to see all my original artist trading cards in my Etsy store. They are OOAK (one-of-a-kind) and when they're gone, they're gone. Maybe some day I'll start selling ACEO prints but for now, they are all original creations of art. They are the same size as a baseball card, 2.5" x 3.5" and they're affordable and adorable. Of course, they can be framed as wall art, but they're also collectable since artists from all over the world are creating them and selling them on Etsy. Browse the ACEtsy Street Team blog to discover more artists making art cards. Have fun. Buy art. Share it with others.
-Raphaella Vaisseau

No comments: