Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Day Exploring Boca Grande with Friends

Living in Florida, with so much beauty surrounding me every day as I look out the windows of my home studio as I work, or run an errand near the beach, I sometimes forget to take a day off to spend quality time with friends and explore a local travel destination. Thursday, February 7th, I did just that.
My friends John, Stan, Shirl, and I drove to Boca Grande for lunch, and to explore the exotic little town on Gasparilla Island. Although it's located less than 30 miles and a short 45-minute drive from home, I hadn't ventured there in the four years since moving to Venice in the fall of 2008.

We lunched at Temptations, walked under tree canopies on Banyan Street, explored shops and galleries, and enjoyed walking and talking while we shopped and photographed beach architecture, flowers, churches, their golf cart transportation (for pups), and life on the island. I was thrilled to discover the art of Del-Bourree Bach at the Hughes Gallery on Park Street in the little downtown. See more photos for a glimpse of our day. - Raphaella Vaisseau

No comments: