Sunday, June 24, 2012

Forever Looking Forward - Original Art by Raphaella Vaisseau

Having an affinity for transcendentalism as expressed by Henry David Thoreau and Ralph Waldo Emerson, I was impacted in my coming of age years by three things: (1) learning in my college psychology classes the difference between goal-oriented and process-oriented people, and choosing to be the latter; (2) Ram Dass's landmark book, Be Here Now, published in 1971; and, (3) my own Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness and my ministerial ordination blessing of January, 1978, in which it was stated that "as I give in to the moment I'm in, my ministry will unfold of itself."

These things have assisted me greatly over the years. I suspect that living in either the past or the future held pitfalls for me (perhaps regret or worry). Countless times during my life I have thanked Spirit for this insight, the gifts of focus, surrender, and reminders to live in the present moment.

Acceptance is keynote of course. Whatever happens, and wherever I am, is an opportunity for acceptance. Then, with new knowledge and experience gained, I go forward from there with new choices.

All of this focus on living in the present does not mean, however, that there is no place for goals, intentions, and desires. Thus, my newest creation in art, a 10"x10" acrylic painting on canvas entitled, "Forever Looking Forward." Enjoy. - Raphaella Vaisseau

No comments: