Friday, April 15, 2011

Raphaella's 64th Birthday - April 14, 2011

I had a nice birthday celebration all week long, with friends and family sending me cards and gifts and singing birthday songs on the telephone.

I also appreciated the gifts I received from nature, especially the birds (pelicans fishing on the shores of Siesta Key, an osprey in the cypress tree eating a fish high up on a branch, an egret in the lotus pond) as well as gaining new personal insights on living in appreciation.

On my actual birthday, my friend Joanie and I lunched at Sharky's. While snacking on bean and cheese nachos, we shared appreciations with each other and enjoyed a tropical afternoon in Venice. My cat, Diana, especially appreciated the flowers Joanie gave me.

I'm 64 and loving life still as a grand adventure. I look forward to whatever creations life will unfold as I walk through the year ahead.

Here's a creation of my own that I completed this week - a commissioned abstract painting called "Mirror Lake" (a companion piece for "Redwood Forest" which the collectors purchased a few years back). Whereas Redwood Forest, also an abstract, is an up-close look at the trees themselves, Mirror Lake is seeing the forest from a distance through the mist of a morning fog.

Thanks for being a part of my life. I appreciate you.

No comments: