Monday, November 8, 2010

"Vines 2" watercolor on paper by Raphaella Vaisseau wins Merit Award at Venice Art Center Show juried by R. Andrew Maass

The Venice Art Center, located at 390 Nokomis Avenue S, Venice, FL 34293 is having a "Show Us Your Best" Members Only Show, opening this Friday, Nov. 12th and continuing through December 10th, 2010. My painting, Vines 2, won a Merit Award from juror (and musuem professional) R. Andrew Maass. Join me for the opening reception Friday from 5pm - 7pm. Call me at 941-993-7001 if you'd like directions.

The original watercolor painting (on paper) is 22" x 30" (not including a maple wood frame). Limited edition giclée prints, numbered and signed by Raphaella Vaisseau, are also available via special order (up to full size).

There was a Vines 1. It was much smaller, in hues of blue, and was painted with my signature layering of color on color. It was sold to a collector in Los Angeles before the age of digital photography and archival prints. It was for my love of that painting that I was moved to recreate the form and movement of vines reaching for the sun in this painting. Enjoy!

No comments: